Plant the seeds of health for your cat
Benefits of cat grass
Most cats will require a little help with digestion from time to time especially
longhaired cats as it helps them to cough up fur balls. Indeed cats are actually
biologically programmed to eat grass for this very reason. In the absence of safe
grasses, cats will often eat anything green they can find, which may include decorative
or even poisonous plants. Having a safe alternative planted within easy reach can
save you and your cat a lot of grief.
You can grow cat grass easily from seed indoors at anytime of the year.
What to do:
Sow the seeds in a low container such as a seed tray or pot filled with
moist seed compost. Sprinkle the seeds generously and uniformly over the surface
and cover them lightly with more compost and keep moist. Set the container where
it will receive bright light. Water lightly until the the grass reaches 10-15cm
(4-6") tall. Trim with scissors if your cat does not do it for you to prevent coarseness.
When the cat grass gets about 3-4" high put it near your catís dry food dish or
Alternatively cat grass can be grown outdoors as hardy annual - sow the seeds in
a sheltered spot in sun/partial shade.
Luscious cat grass
Cat Grass Tips and Facts
- Avena sativa sometimes called cat oats will not stick to the back of a cat's tongue
like serrated lawn grass or wild outdoor grasses do.
- Start new containers of cat grass every few weeks to guarantee a fresh supply.
- Good digestive aid in small doses for cats.
- Most cats love the rapidly growing young shoots.
- Extremely easy to grow - water lightly until the grass reaches 10-15cm 4-6"), don't
let the soil dry out.
- If you have no garden or outdoor space grow indoors in good natural light. A south
window will have best light.
- Seedlings start to appear 3-5 days...
See photos of cat grass seedlings as they germinate and begin to grow: click on cat grass seedlings.
Availability of cat grass seeds:
Click on the links below to purchase quality cat grass seeds.
Cat Toy Catit Senses Grass Garden Kit
Grow your Own Cat Grass, 100% Natural
GOOD GIRL Kitty Grass
home page - cat nip
copyright © paws-on-floors.co.uk